Monday, February 07, 2011

Cheeseheads forever

IMG_2694B

Green Bay Packers score a touchdown during the Superbowl


The cheeseheads have won. The Green Bay Packers just won the Superbowl. The Vince Lombardi trophy, named after the Packers' coach in the 1960s, will be going home to Wisconsin for the first time in a long time. I can't really tell you - I don't really know - why every year I watch the Superbowl, the final game in the annual American Football championship, no matter where I am, or what ridiculous time it's on at. I'm not much into sports, and it's usually the only sporting event I see all year. Watching the Superbowl is a strange tradition I've kept for something like 20 years. But I can tell you I'm a cheesehead. I've been a fan of theirs for almost ten years, nine seasons. Plus the Pack is the only team owned by the fans, not by a wealthy bloke somewhere. I'm a fan because a friend is a fan, and because of him I had a cheesehead to wear throughout the game tonight, a giant foam hat in the shape of a cheese, worn by Packers' fans the world over. Perfect. Yay cheeseheads, yay Packers, yay cheese.


IMG_2704B

Green Bay Packers' quarterback Aaron Rodgers raises the Vince Lombardi trophy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home